NDIS stands for National Disability Insurance Scheme, which was born to meet the high demand for providing disability assistance to the people with disability in Australia. It includes funding for Australians with disabilities. The program also provides required support to the Australians with a disability, their families, and their carers to assist Australians.
NDIS was started in 2012 and was launched nationally in 2016. It has helped many people with disability to receive the support they require to live their everyday life comfortably and independently. With the help of NDIS, Australians with a disability can fully enjoy the benefits of the NDIS’ features.
The National Disability Insurance Scheme is an excellentway to provide funds for people with disability and have helped many Australians until now. This scheme has helped people with disability and their families to live independently in society and make their lives better.
Many NDIS beneficiaries provide positive feedback about this program, but like any other government program, this too has some flaws which need improvement.
1. If you or someone else is born with a disability, you can always rely on NDIS for the supports you need to live independently, no matter which city you live in.
3. NDIS helps the people with disability by providing services and lessening the expenses, medical costs and other inconveniences.
4. NDIS helps every person with equality. You will be able to get the NDIS support regardless of when and where disability was acquired.
5. With the help of healthcare facilities provided by NDIS, participant’s wellbeing and their employment opportunities will increase. They will be able to reach their life goals.
6. NDIS delivers supports that produce long term outcomes, maximising opportunities for independence and productivity.
7. NDIS provides people with disability and their families regular care, support, therapy and equipment they need.
8. Each NDIS plan individualised and person-centred. Support is given based on the type of disability they have.
9. People with disability and their family can participate in the many social, cultural and economic life of the nation with the supports they choose.
10. NDIS can benefit all the Australians because disability can occur at any time. Therefore, all the Australians suffering from disability are eligible to take benefit of this scheme.
11. The NDIS limits disability discrimination as many people with disability feel under confident and insecure because of their disability, but with NDIS supports, they can live their normally.
12. People with disability can take benefit of NDIS funds in two ways- NDIS plan management and NDIS support coordination.
The NDIS provides funds to the participants using two programs- NDIS plan management provider and NDIS support coordination. Both of these programs are different. Plan management support is for everyone, whereas support coordination service is provided to only those who are eligible for it.
Support coordinators do not help you to manage your NDIS plan funding. Support coordinators are only accessible to those participants who require specialised supports. These services are considered as “reasonable and necessary” by NDIS.
The plan management provides the following services-
The support coordination provides the following services-
You can get in touch with an NDIS support services provider who will help the participants in receiving the supports smoothly. There are many registered and unregistered NDIS support service providers in Australia that allows the people with disability in getting access to the services and funding they require from NDIS.
Look for a trusted Disability Support service provider in your area and talk to them about your disability and services you require from NDIS.Access Foundation will help you get access to the funding and other supports.
Get in touch with us, For more information.